Welcome to MinDcard a companion app for FreeMind, Freeplane and compatible mind-mapping applications. MinDcard transforms annotated mind maps into study cards that are organized into decks using the Leitner Learning System.
Using FreeMind or Freeplane, nodes can be annotated with an icon or attribute. MinDcard will recognize these annotated nodes using the node text for the card front and the node note for the back.
MinDcard can import mind maps using iTunes File Sharing and Dropbox. The
Open In... protocol is also supported allowing MinDcard to open
FreeMind formatted files from email attachments and other installed apps.
- The icon and attribute used to annotate nodes can be customized using the in-app settings.
- Universal App, runs on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Support iOS 5.1 and later.
- Imports files using iTunes File Sharing, Dropbox and
- Imports FreeMind 0.9.0 files.
- Imports Freeplane 1.2.23 files.
- Start with a new or existing mind map.
- Annotate study nodes using the chosen icon or attribute value. The default icon is “Remember” (aka bell). The default attribute value is “study” (MinDcard.annotation=study). The node’s text will be displayed on the card’s front face, the node’s note text on the back face.
- Save the mind map to a location accessible to your iOS device. For example, this can be the Documents folder using iTunes, the MinDcard apps folder on Dropbox or an email attachment.
- Import the mind map into MinDcard. When opened, the annotated nodes are transformed into study cards and stored in Deck 1.
- Cards can be reviewed in any order. Cards marked correct are moved to a higher deck, those marked incorrect are moved to a lower deck (using the Leitner System).
- Card decks can be reset, moving all cards back to into Deck 1.
- Selecting a deck, displays all the cards in that deck.
- The card being reviewed can be rotated to view the back (answer).
- The card can be marked correct, incorrect, or remain unmarked. 10 .While reviewing the cards, you can advance to the next/previous card or jump to any card in the deck.