Using Dropbox With MinDgo 2 v1.1
In this tutorial we’ll be covering the Dropbox features built into MinDgo 2. This tutorial uses MinDgo 2 v1.1. You can expect the Dropbox experience to improve in later releases.
Starting Mind Map
- Start with an example mind map (Groceries.mm), loaded into Freeplane.
- Uncheck some items (nodes) by changing the node icons.
- Save the mind map to a folder on Dropbox.
Launch MinDgo 2 on an iOS device and import the Groceries.mm mind map from Dropbox by:
- Press the Add button
- Choose Copy from Dropbox. The Dropbox Files view is displayed but empty since the app hasn’t yet been linked with Dropbox. We’ll need to link the app with Dropbox.
- Press the Link button. If you have the Dropbox app loaded on your device, the app will be launched and you’re asked to allow MinDgo access to your Dropbox files.
- Press Allow. The app gets linked to Dropbox and the Dropbox Files view will now list your Dropbox files and folders.
- Locate and select the Groceries.mm mind map. It gets imported into MinDgo 2 and listed in the Documents view.
Let’s edit the mind map.
- Select the document to open (Groceries.mindgo) and navigate down the tree to the items in the Grocery section.
- Check-Off the Spaghetti and Spaghetti Sauce items by changing their icons in the node details editor.
- Close the document by navigating back up to the Documents view.
Now let’s export a copy of the mind map back to Dropbox. From the Documents view;
- Press the Edit button
- Select the document (Groceries.mindgo)
- Press the Action button on the toolbar
- Select Copy to Dropbox. The document is copied to Dropbox, overwriting the file found there.
Reload the mind map in Freeplane and see the results.
- Close the current Freeplane window
- Reload the Groceries.mm file from Dropbox
- Expand the nodes if necessary. Notice that the Spaghetti and Spaghetti Sauce items are now checked, indicating that we’re seeing the changes that we made on the iOS device.
- Follow our updates on twitter @code_story
- Visit our blog at www.code-story.com
- Send us email with any questions or comments to email@example.com
Thanks for watching